No one likes the idea of a root canal. What many people don’t realize is that a root canal is the way we save your teeth from possible extraction!
Extensive decay, an accident, tooth fracture or gum disease can kill teeth and cause root canal symptoms such as pain or a dental abscess.
Whatever the cause of the problem, we are here to help relieve your discomfort and save your tooth.
Although there isn’t always tooth pain or other symptoms present, if you experience any of the following symptoms please call us right away.
- Sensitivity to heat or cold that persists even after the source of heat or cold has been removed
- Darkening or discoloration of the tooth
- Toothache, especially a severe toothache upon application of pressure or chewing
- Swelling and tenderness in the nearby gums
- A recurring inflammation or pimple on the gums
By using advances in technology, materials and instrumentation, we can make root canal therapy quite comfortable. Root canal therapies are commonly completed in one visit and patients are pleasantly surprised at how painless it was when they are finished.